Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Didier Bretin <db...@informactis.com> on 2000/11/06 11:08:26 UTC

using javax.swing.ImageIcon with servlet

Hello,

  In my servlet I use the package javax.swing.ImageIcon to get the size
of an image. But apparently, this package need a X11 display. On my server
I don't have X launched. Do you see how to solve this ? Do I need to use
another package ?

  Here is my error:

Error: 500

Location: /bib
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
'<mon serveur>:10.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:58)
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.jav
a:59)
        at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.(MToolkit.java:56)
        at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:495)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:488)
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.(ImageIcon.java:60)
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.(ImageIcon.java:79)
        at Bibliotheque.reduit(Bibliotheque.java:162)
        at Bibliotheque.doGet(Bibliotheque.java:56)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConne
ctionHandler.java:160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Thanks !

--
    .^.     | Didier Bretin, France | dbr@informactis.com    |