Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Stuart Pompian <st...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/04 18:20:50 UTC

Installing Open Office

I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.6.  I downloaded Open Office and dragged app into my applications folder.  I  tried to open it several times and got the following.

““OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.”

What now?  Any suggestions?

Regards,

stuart

Re: Installing Open Office

Posted by Moderator <bm...@apache.org>.
> I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.6.  I downloaded Open Office and dragged app into my applications folder.  I  tried to open it several times and got the following.
>
> ““OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.”
>
> What now?  Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> stuart

See Q05 and A05 about the macOS GateKeeper message here:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283&p=420635&hilit=Mac+FAQ#p420635
Also on the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491