Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by kannaiyan balakrishnan <k_...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/10/16 08:26:48 UTC

linux tomcat usage

Sir,

  I am programmer in java Servlets. Still date i am using tomcat
server
for windows os. Now recently i switched to linux OS. I had
downloaded the linux version of jakarta-tomcat. But i couldn't
able to install it.

   I would be happy if you specify or send me the documents of how
to install tomcat on linux os.

  Thanking you

Re: linux tomcat usage

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
kannaiyan balakrishnan wrote:
> Sir,
>
>  I am programmer in java Servlets. Still date i am using tomcat server
> for windows os. Now recently i switched to linux OS. I had downloaded
> the linux version of jakarta-tomcat. But i couldn't able to install it.
>
>   I would be happy if you specify or send me the documents of how to
> install tomcat on linux os.

That a user list question.
And it depends on what you have downloaded.

I guess a tar.gz files.
you have to extract the file contents:
tar xvfz jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12.tar.gz
that creates a jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12 directory.
Ajust JAVA_HOME to running JDK change directory to jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12 and do
bin/catalina.sh start.
Something like
+++
export JAVA_HOME=/home/jakarta/j2sdk1.4.1
(cd jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12
  bin/catalina.sh start
)