Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Pa...@lotus.com on 2000/08/23 21:57:00 UTC

Re: Problems with Java extension under xalan - can't find the Java cl ass to include

Kjell asks:
"Can anyone tell me where the Java file to include with extension has to be
located."

Your classfile will need to be included in your classpath.  Please review
the extension
documentation.  I think it does a good job explaining how to set these up.

Paul

Re: Problems with Java extension under xalan - can't find the Java class to include

Posted by Martin Klang <ma...@pingdynasty.com>.
i've just come against the same problem.
using tomcat, it seems i have to put the extension classfiles in
tomcat/lib, so that they're in the servers initial classpath.
if i try to put them with the servlets or in
tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib they're not picked up... :<

also, i've had problems with packages - if i declare a class as part
of a package:
package com.city3k.util;
public class DateFormat
and then call it with something like
java:com.city3k.util.DateFormat.new
i get: Call to extension function failed: unable to load class

however, it works if i omit the package (in both java and xsl)
??

i've tried this with both xalan-j 1.2 and 1.1 on linux jdk1.2.2, though
i've not yet tried extensions in a standalone app.

regards,

/martin