Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by kosurusekhar <ko...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 17:04:19 UTC

Derby database insert/update performance in Embedded Linux Box

Hi folks,

We are running application in embedded linux box, box configuration is 2GB
RAM, ARM Quad Core (Up to single core 1.4 GHz /quad-core 1.3).  The insert
statements taking most of the times 20 to 50 milliseconds. Some times it is
increasing up to 1.5 minute to 2 minutes. Again it will come back to normal.

We are running derby in network server mode, and another java application
running with multi threads trying insert & update.

Please suggest me how to find & tune this scenario.

Thanks
Sekhar.

Re: Derby database insert/update performance in Embedded Linux Box

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Also, using PreparedStatement to insert instead of Statement JDBC object
will help with performance as mentioned in the Tuning Guide which can be
found at http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sekhar,