Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by José Egas López <jo...@farmaenlace.com> on 2014/02/05 19:58:43 UTC

Basic Zone Configuration

Hi, I have a doubt about the DNS Servers when adding a zone.
I have one DNS (Active Directory) on my datacenter, when adding a zone
it asks to enter DNS 1 and 2, and also Internal DNS 1 and 2, what does
it exactly means? Do I have to create new DNS servers? or is enough with
the one I have?
I don't understand it at all, thanks for your help!
--

*José

*

FARMAENLACE ha procesado su mensaje y esta limpio
No imprima este mail a menos que sea necesario

Re: Basic Zone Configuration

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 05.02.2014 19:29, José Egas López wrote:
> But can I make use of the AD I already have or not?
>
> If I install BIND on a VM, it is enough for filling DNS 1 and 2, and
> Internal DNS 1 and 2?
> Thanks for the answer Lucian!

If AD is set to allow recursion from your cloud setup, sure, use it.
The minimum that you need is DNS1 and Internal DNS1 and they can be the
same IP, so the AD should be enough for starters.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Basic Zone Configuration

Posted by José Egas López <jo...@farmaenlace.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by José Egas López <jo...@farmaenlace.com>.
Thanks to all, I'll try it and I'll report you if it works!

*
Jose

*

Posted by Umair Azam <ua...@i2cinc.com>.