Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2001/09/19 10:29:41 UTC

Problem running avalon-soapdemo.sar

Hello,

I've successfully built cornerstone and, as instructed, copied the
avalon-soapdemo.sar to my phoenix/apps directory. When started, it
produces:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/net/SocketFactory
        at
electric.net.socket.tcp.TCPSocketFactory.<init>(TCPSocketFactory.java:30)
        at
electric.net.socket.SocketChannel.getFactory(SocketChannel.java:112)
        at
electric.net.socket.SocketServer.createServerSocket(SocketServer.java:193)
        at
electric.net.socket.SocketServer.startup(SocketServer.java:64)
        at electric.net.http.WebServer.startup(WebServer.java:179)
        at
electric.net.http.WebServer.startWebServer(WebServer.java:160)
        at electric.server.http.HTTP.startup(HTTP.java:91)
        at electric.server.http.HTTP.startup(HTTP.java:69)
        at electric.server.http.HTTP.startup(HTTP.java:52)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.soapification.glue.Glue.start(Glue.java:62)

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Problem running avalon-soapdemo.sar

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Ulrich,

>Now the build.sh script doesn't work anymore :)

Try delete build/*  before launching build.

- PH

Re: Problem running avalon-soapdemo.sar

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Ulrich,
>
> >>The glue download contains a few jars, try putting all of them in lib/
> >>

> >Yes, I did, but the build Script doesn't deploy them. When I did deploy
> >them manually, the app seems to startup ok, but the webserver isn't
> >started at the URL mentioned in the logfile.
> >
> Fixed now.  There were three missing jars since the sar building for the
> soap demo moved.  They were not needed by the compilation but were
> needed by the runtime env.

Now the build.sh script doesn't work anymore :)

/usr/local/jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/src/java/org/apache/avalon/cornerstone/blocks/connection/DefaultConnectionManager.java:18:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ThreadManager
location: package threads
import org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.threads.ThreadManager;

Ulrich

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Ulrich,

>>The glue download contains a few jars, try putting all of them in lib/
>>

>Yes, I did, but the build Script doesn't deploy them. When I did deploy
>them manually, the app seems to startup ok, but the webserver isn't
>started at the URL mentioned in the logfile.

Fixed now.  There were three missing jars since the sar building for the
soap demo moved.  They were not needed by the compilation but were
needed by the runtime env.

When things don;t work as expected look in *three* places for telltale
log problems

1) System.out
2) phoenix/logs/
3) phoenix/apps/xxxxx/logs