Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@fwd.at on 2003/03/28 11:53:55 UTC

Deprecation of context.getInitParameter()

HI there,

Shouldn't context.getInitParameter get deprecated as the preferred way to
access a scalar environment string becomes a JNDI resource (env-entry)?
This way programmers would know that they are encouraged to use JNDI
versus servletcontext.getInitParameter().

This info would ease the burden of editing server.xml by 90% or so I
suggest (because I have quite a bunch of init parameters stored in
server.xml).

Thx alot
Johannes