Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Davidson, Misha" <MD...@silverstream.com> on 2000/07/16 01:43:40 UTC

Invalid comments in two dozen test JSPs

Hi,

Recently I have been playing with the JSP section of Watchdog tests.
First of all -- thank you very much -- having these (and Servlet) tests
is a great help.

Second, I found a problem with comments in about two dozen
JSPs included in the test. Specifically, HTML comments are
denoted incorrectly. Instead of starting with "<!--" and ending with
"-->" the comment delimiters sometimes are missing the second
dash (as in "<-" and "->") and sometimes have an extra
exclamation (as in "--!>"). Needless to say this causes problems
in a standards compliant JSP compiler.

I have fixed all of these cases and would like to include the fixes in
the test. Is there somebody I can give a JAR containing the fixed up
JSPs for incorporation in the build? Please let me know and I will
send it to you.

Thanks.
-Misha Davidson.
mbd@silverstream.com

Below is the list of the JSPs that I've "fixed":

jsp/core_syntax/beantests/setProperty:
positiveSetPropSingleQuotes.jsp  positiveSingleQuotes.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/beantests/useBean:
negativeTypeNonAssignable.jsp  positiveTypeAssignable.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/forward:
negativeForwardNoBuff.jsp      positiveForwardAbsHtml.jsp
negativeForwardUsedStream.jsp  positiveForwardRelHtml.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/include:
positiveIncludeStaticAbs.jsp  positiveIncludeStaticRel.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/buffer:
positiveBuffAutoflush.jsp  positiveBuffCreate.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/errorpage:
negativeIsErrorPage.jsp      positiveErrorPage.jsp
negativeNoErrorPageBuff.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/imports:
negativeImport.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/info:
positiveInfo.jsp

jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/threadsafe:
threadsafeFalse.jsp  threadsafeTrue.jsp

jsp/engine/JspWriter/misc:
negativeClearIOExpr.jsp      negativeFlush.jsp
negativeClearUnbuffered.jsp  positiveClose.jsp
negativeClose.jsp

jsp/engine/JspWriter/print:
negativePrintBoolean.jsp

Re: Invalid comments in two dozen test JSPs

Posted by sravankumar duggaraju <sr...@Sun.COM>.

Hi,
As u have mentioned the jsp file names i'll fix them.
sravan