Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by benoit bordigoni <bb...@hexaflux.com> on 2000/04/25 11:39:43 UTC

write a filefrom a navigator

Hello,
I'm a little perl developper, in a little french enterprise, (hexaflux).
I make my period of training and I use an apache server 1.3x. I've got some
problem with my server. It does not allow me to execute system commands in
perl :
"system (chmod 755 file.pl)" and
"open (MYFILE, file.pl ....". I
f I execute my script  by executing the following command :
/usr/bin/perl   /home/httpd/cgi-bin/script.pl,
the file, "file.pl" is created and file.pl has the good permissions and it
works! But if it is executed from the navigator it doesn't works!! I think
that the permisions on the server are not good. But I don't know where to
change the configuration of my server, access.conf, httpd.conf, srm.conf ?
Can you help me, thank you.
    benoit
PS: sorry for my poor english speaking!

Re: write a filefrom a navigator

Posted by Drew Taylor <dt...@vialogix.com>.
benoit bordigoni wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm a little perl developper, in a little french enterprise, (hexaflux).
> I make my period of training and I use an apache server 1.3x. I've got some
> problem with my server. It does not allow me to execute system commands in
> perl :
> "system (chmod 755 file.pl)" and
> "open (MYFILE, file.pl ....". I
> f I execute my script  by executing the following command :
> /usr/bin/perl   /home/httpd/cgi-bin/script.pl,
> the file, "file.pl" is created and file.pl has the good permissions and it
> works! But if it is executed from the navigator it doesn't works!! I think
> that the permisions on the server are not good.

Based on the snippet you posted, you would want to make sure that
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/script.pl is writable by whatever user the seb
server runs as (usually nobody). Be warned that you have to be careful
with world writable directories! Hope this helps. On a unix box you
would type the following (based on your example): chmod o+w
/home/httpd/cgi-bin

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.