Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com> on 2010/10/02 23:05:36 UTC

Re: Migrating from Mysql to Cassandra

>   4) If we delete a record in clustered environment (In a single node),
> after that before sync with remaining nodes the node got failure means we
> wont have the data consistency - how to handle it. This database wont follow
> ACID properties, how to handle this one for a huge ERP kind of application.

Just to slightly augment what was already posted by Aaron; deletes are
not special in terms of the chosen consistency level. If you submit a
mutation with a QUOROM consistency level for example, that QUOROM
consistency requirement applies equally to deletes as it does to
inserts.

(That said, deletes are a bit special in other ways to go
GCGraceSeconds, but that is another story.)

--
/ Peter Schuller