Posted to user@hive.apache.org by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/05 08:47:53 UTC

hi users

Hi All,

               Im not able to fetch the data from the hive table ,getting
the below error

   FAILED: Error in semantic analysis:

hive> select * from vender;
OK
Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: Could not
obtain block: blk_-3328791500929854839_1178
file=/user/hive/warehouse/vender/bigtest.txt
Time taken: 9.129 seconds
Please help me in this

Regards
shaik.

Re: hi users

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello shaik,

           Were you able to fetch the data earlier. I mean is it
happening for the first time or you were not able to fetch the data
even once??

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: hi users

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply nitin ..

Re: hi users

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: hi users

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitin,

Re: hi users

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Increase your replication factor as suggested by Nitin. Replication
factor > 1 is a must to avoid data loss. And you can use "fsck"
command to check the HDFS. Also verify whether you are able to see all
the datanodes at the namenode WEBUI page.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: hi users

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.