Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by un...@gmail.com, un...@gmail.com on 2019/06/24 10:05:04 UTC

replace usage of TimeWindows.until() from Kafka Streams 2.2

Hi Kafka Streams user,

I have this usage of  Kafka Streams and it works well that sets retention time in KTable, both in the internal topics and RocksDB local states.

final KStream<Integer, String> eventStream = builder
                .stream("events",
                        Consumed.with(Serdes.Integer(), Serdes.String())
                                .withOffsetResetPolicy(Topology.AutoOffsetReset.EARLIEST));

eventStream.groupByKey()
.windowedBy(TimeWindows.of(Duration.ofSeconds(200)).until(Duration.ofSeconds(3000).toMillis()))
                .reduce((oldValue, newValue) -> newValue);

I saw until() is deprecated from 2.2. What would be the replacement of such usage?
I checked the Materialized related document but cannot find any

Best,

Sendoh

Re: replace usage of TimeWindows.until() from Kafka Streams 2.2

Posted by John Roesler <jo...@confluent.io>.
Hey Sendoh,

I think you just overlooked the javadoc in your search, which says:

> @deprecated since 2.1. Use {@link Materialized#withRetention(Duration)} or directly configure the retention in a store supplier and use {@link Materialized#as(WindowBytesStoreSupplier)}.

Sorry for the confusion,
-John