Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/25 11:40:12 UTC

6.4.1

Hi,

Two potential memory leaks have been reported recently:
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7647
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7657

These are annoying bugs so I would like to do a 6.4.1 release that includes
these fixes. If this is fine with everyone, I'll commit the patches
attached to these issues later today and will also look at whether there
are other bug fixes that should be backported. I'm currently thinking of
building the RC next Monday to give CI some time to ensure these patches do
not cause problems.

Adrien

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ishan,

LUCENE-7657 is only an issue with caches that use queries as cache keys,
which does not seem to be the case with fingerprinting. So fingerprinting
should be fine since I see it uses weak keys.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 6.4.1.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
I wrote drafts for the release notes:
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote641
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote641

Please feel free to perform modifications.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.
Done - thanks!

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.
SOLR-10054 of course, sorry.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.
Hi Adrien,

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Done, thanks!

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Done!

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
+1 Alan

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi Adrien,

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrien,

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Re: 6.4.1

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Le mer. 25 janv. 2017 à 14:56, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> a écrit :

> BTW: You should raise the version numbers in the branch to prepare the
> release.

Thanks Uwe, I just added the version constants.

RE: 6.4.1

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

I also reenabled the Jenkins tests for 6.4 branch on Jenkins.

BTW: You should raise the version numbers in the branch to prepare the release.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen