Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Leone <mi...@verizon.net> on 2006/01/07 07:36:07 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_log_config not running

I have the following statements in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule config_log_module  libexec/httpd/mod_log_config.so
AddModule mod_log_config.c

Module mod_log_config is the first module loaded and added in the
respective sections.

However, for some reason, the modele does not execute, as evidenced by
the fact that commands like LogFormat and CustomLog are not understood.
Furthermore, when I examine the apache server status using PHPInfo,
mod_log_config is not listed as a loaded module. I do have the file
mod_log_config.so in directory usr/libexec/httpd, and /usr is specifid
as server root.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

-Mark

Re: [users@httpd] mod_log_config not running

Posted by Mark Leone <mi...@verizon.net>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 1/7/06, Mark Leone <mi...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>I have the following statements in my httpd.conf file:
>>
>>LoadModule config_log_module  libexec/httpd/mod_log_config.so
>>AddModule mod_log_config.c
>>

>>Module mod_log_config is the first module loaded and added in the
>>respective sections.
>>
>>However, for some reason, the modele does not execute, as evidenced by
>>the fact that commands like LogFormat and CustomLog are not understood.
>>

>Are you sure you are editting the right config file?
>
>Is the AddModule line before or after the ClearModuleList directive?
>
>Joshua.

Definitely editing the right config file. For example, when I uncomment
the LogFormat directive, I get a syntax error on that line when I
restart the server. And the AddModule directive comes after the
ClearModuleList directive.

I should mention that the access log used to work fine. Recently I
recompiled Apache with mod_ssl, and I think that's when the access log
stopped working. Everything else seems to work fine. I'm running Apache
1.3.34 on Mac OS 10.3.9.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.