Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Carlos Gonzalez Galera <cg...@uci.cu> on 2016/01/18 17:59:40 UTC

Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Hello. I am currently working with Moodle, which is a LMS( Learning Management System). The LMS concept is quite similar to the CMS but focused on educative content, in that sense,a LMS system handles a sort of virtual courses and the management of its content. In my daily job, usually i have to create virtual servers for differents LMS and these servers are hosted under an apache server and everything works fine and here comes the thing: i want it works GREAT,not just fine.
What i really need to know  if exists some recommended configuration to the apache server for this specific environment(LMS systems): recommended modules, changes on the default configuration and so on, in order to improve the performance. I am using apache 2.2 in a context of 10.000 users with 30-45 concurrent users. Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

[users@httpd] Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: [users@httpd] Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Posted by Carlos Gonzalez Galera <cg...@uci.cu>.
First than all, thanks for the quick answer. I am looking for improvements in both sides: the moodle itself and the web server.I will check your recomendations. Thanks again.

Posted by Tobias Adolph <To...@lrz.de>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Carlos Gonzalez Galera <cg...@uci.cu> wrote:
> What i really need to know  if exists some recommended configuration to the apache server for this specific environment(LMS systems):

It's very unlikely anything that abstract would come with
recommendations.  You'll need to find something concrete to measure
and improve.

[users@httpd] Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Posted by Carlos Gonzalez Galera <cg...@uci.cu>.

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Posted by Carlos Gonzalez Galera <cg...@uci.cu>.
Thanks

Enviados: Martes, 19 de Enero 2016 2:43:53
Asunto: [MASSMAIL]Re: Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Hi Carlos, I guess you actually wanted to contact the HTTPd project:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: Enhancing apache server for LMS environments

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.