Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Aníbal Rojas <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/21 18:53:35 UTC

Newbie question regarding Bulk Documents

Hello,

   Once a POST request to the /whatever/_bulk_docs URI finishes and a
response is generated by CouchDB, does this assure all the views have
been updated? Could not find this behavior expĺained in the API

   Thanks in advance,

--
Aníbal Rojas
@anibalrojas

Re: Newbie question regarding Bulk Documents

Posted by Aníbal Rojas <an...@gmail.com>.
Kai,

   Thatś what we are doing. We are updating docs matching a specific
view, we loop over this view and each time we process 1000 documents.
Now I understand that each time we query the view, it is updated and
the next set of docs (missing some information) are rerned.

    When this bulk update finishes, the documents will be all updated
and the views will be completely updated ready for a quick response

    Best regards,

--
Aníbal

Posted by Kai Griffin <ka...@griffinbyteworks.com>.

Posted by Aníbal Rojas <an...@gmail.com>.
Blair,

    Got it. It takes some time to switch from a Relational Database perspective

--
Aníbal

Posted by Blair Nilsson <bl...@gmail.com>.