Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Denis S <ds...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/07 06:24:19 UTC

How to process a file several times?

Hi,

I have the following Camel route:

<route id="processCSV">
    <from
uri="file://../import?noop=true&amp;charset=ISO-8859-1&amp;sorter=#myDataProcessor&amp;processStrategy=#myDataProcessor"/>
    <log message="Processing big file: ${header.CamelFileName}"
loggingLevel="INFO"/>
    <to uri="direct:csv"/>
    <log message="Done processing big file: ${header.CamelFileName}"/>
</route>

So, the route take CSV files from import folder and submits them for
processing. I implemented custom fileProcessingStrategy and sorter. I need
to process one of the files twice. The way I found: I'm renaming it at
commit phase of the first processing. But I suspect rhere is more native way
to do this. May be to raise an exception at commit phase for redelivery?

Thanks, Denis.

Re: How to process a file several times?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Can you try combining a content based router and for this file, you use a
multicast instead of a to() and send the message twice to the same endpoint?
Another possibility is to use the routing slip.

Sent from a mobile device