Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2016/01/17 23:33:27 UTC

About release note

Hi,

>From users' point of view, for a release, they may want to know what's exactly released. I reviewed the release process and artifacts for the first one RC1, it looks like we're not clear about this. So come to the upcoming RC2 release, how to distinguish it from the before? I guess we'll need to document well, having something like release note or history. We'll need to sort out what features to include in the list that we claim they're ready and available for use or experimental. Just some thoughts, and welcome feedback. Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

RE: About release note

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks Stefan for the thoughts and Jiajia for the consideration. JIRA will give us the complete list resolved during the span as good inputs for manually writing of the RN. This way makes more sense to Kerby and major releases because it's a new project and we'd better focus on the features we've come up. For minor releases and mature projects like Studio, a bug fix list sounds great.

Regards,
Kai

RE: About release note

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.