Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by philip zuniga <ph...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/09 17:53:49 UTC

some basic JSVGScrollPane questions

I'm currently working on an Java SWT application that
adds SVG shapes into batik, and I'm using the
JSVGScrollPane for this. My first question is, how do
I always show the scroll. In my case, the scroll does
not show up when the viewbox is just within the length
of the scrollpane, and when the SVG viewbox increases
to a certain size, i still need to resize my window
before the scrolls show up. I would want the scroll to
always appear in the window. Secondly, I would like to
constantly set the value of my scroll to certain
numbers, how do I set the value of my scroll.

And lastly, ( This has nothing to do with the
JSVGScrollpane ) pardon me for this stupid question,
but how do I reply in to some messages in this mailing
list?, I need to create a new post when I want to make
a reply.

Thanks, and Cheers!!!

Philip

Re: some basic JSVGScrollPane questions

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Philip,

philip zuniga <ph...@yahoo.com> wrote on 05/09/2006 11:53:49 AM:

> I'm currently working on an Java SWT application that
> adds SVG shapes into batik, and I'm using the
> JSVGScrollPane for this. My first question is, how do
> I always show the scroll.

    In the SVN version of the ScrollPane there is
a ScrollbarsAlwaysVisible 'property' that you can set so
the scroll bars always take space in the display.

> Secondly, I would like to
> constantly set the value of my scroll to certain
> numbers, how do I set the value of my scroll.

   The ScrollPane is simply another view/manipulator
of the 'renderingTransform' on the JSVGCanvas.  So if
you want to set the scroll to a certain value set the
renderingTransform on the canvas.  Additionally
if you want to override some pan operations you might
consider overriding setRenderingTransform on the Canvas
so the canvas doesn't try and render in the new location
and then immediately abandon that rendering to snap back.

> And lastly, ( This has nothing to do with the
> JSVGScrollpane ) pardon me for this stupid question,
> but how do I reply in to some messages in this mailing
> list?, I need to create a new post when I want to make
> a reply.

   I'm guessing this is a problem with what ever interface
you are using to the list.  I am subscribed normally and
I just reply in my normal e-mail tool.