Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net> on 2016/02/06 05:00:20 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.8 candidate 0

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.4.8. It fixes 9 issues, most
notably a deadlock when shutting down ZooKeeper.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12326517

*** Please download, test and vote by February 20th 2016, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
http://people.apache.org/~rgs/zookeeper-3-4-8-rc0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.4.8/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/tags/release-3.4.8-rc0

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Should we release this candidate?

Note that the approval is by lazy majority according to the bylaws and only
PMC votes are binding.

-rgs

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.4.8 candidate 0

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Downloaded tarball and verified signature and checksums.
- Verified correct version information in src/c/include/winconfig.h.
- All unit tests passed.
- Deployed a 3-node cluster.
- Tested various zkCli commands.
- Tested various 4-letter words.
- Killed leader and verified new leader elected from remaining 2 nodes.
- ZOOKEEPER-2347: No sign of the deadlock bug in my testing.

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
+1
Built, ran automated tests
Ran manual tests
Verified checksums

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Raul, +1(non-binding).

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio P JUNQUEIRA <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
It typically doesn't block a release but we should get it into the
next one now that we've noticed...

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
+1, I've been able to build, run tests successfully, and build Apache Kafka with it. I've also checked signature, digests, and the release notes.

-Flavio

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Sirois <js...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

This release works for Apache Aurora in the zookeeper client context
against a 3.4.5 server as well as in unit tests using an in-process server
spun up from the 3.4.8 jar.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Ted,