Posted to user@poi.apache.org by vinod kaky <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/02 19:40:45 UTC

request.getinputstream() to POI/HSSF

I am new to POI, and I am trying to upload a excel
from excel, my requirement is, to use the uploaded
stream directly with POI/HSSF, can anyone suggest me
how that is done, or any suggestions in this regard
will be quite helpfull.

thanks,
Vinod

--- Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de> wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> can you see your special properties in other
> programs, e.g. the Windows
> Explorer?
>
> When writing a section with a dictionary, HPSF
> checks whether the
> dictionary's codepage has been set. If it is not
> set, it sets it to
> Unicode. This might cause problems if you have
> non-Unicode strings as
> property values.
>
> You should try the set the codepage explicitly like
> this:
> mySection.setProperty(PropertyIDMap.PID_CODEPAGE,
> Variant.VT_I2, new Integer(1252));
>
> Please tell me whether this solves your problem! If
> it does, I'll add a
> setCodepage() method to MutableSection.
>
> Am Freitag, den 29.07.2005, 15:43 +0200 schrieb Sven
> Billen:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to add some custom properties to a word
> document using HPSF.
> > It seems to work fine, besides that the
> information is not displayed in
> > the properties of the document when I open it
> using MS Word. Also the
> > information will be removed from the document when
> saving it in Word.
> > (I used a hex-editor to be sure, that everything
> is stored in the doc)
> >
> > This is what I do in detail:
> >
> > I create a new Section within the
> DocumentSummaryInformation and add a
> > dictionary and a tag "info".
> >
> > (I used the WriteAuthorAndTitle example from the
> HowTo)
> >
> > --- begin of code ---
> >
> > MutablePropertySet mps = new
> MutablePropertySet(si);
> > MutableSection s = null;
> > Map hm = new HashMap();
> >
> > // If there is already a second section, then
> write to it.
> > // Works fine and the information stays within the
> document
> > // even after saving it with MS Word
> > if (mps.getSectionCount() > 1){
> >    s = (MutableSection) mps.getSections().get(1);
> >    hm = s.getDictionary();
> > } // if not, create a new one
> > else {
> >    s = new MutableSection();
> >    s.setDictionary(hm);

s.setFormatID(SectionIDMap.DOCUMENT_SUMMARY_INFORMATION_ID);