Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Muniraj M <mu...@ewallsolutions.com> on 2019/01/07 04:54:09 UTC

How to have the same SOLR cores for both 8983 and 8984 ports

Hi,

I am using Apache SOLR 6.6.5 as my search engine running on port 8983. I
just wanted to enable SSL for solr and followed this guide
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/running-solr.html> to make it
work under 8984 port with SSL.

Here my problem is that I am not able to see any cores on 8984 which is
already created under the port 8983(port without SSL).

http://mywebsite.com:8983/solr/#/ ==> This have 3 cores

https://mywebsite.com:8984/solr/#/ ==> This don't have any cores

It will be really appreciated if anyone could provide the solution for
having the same cores for both 8983 and 8984 ports.

Thanks

*Muniraj M*

Re: How to have the same SOLR cores for both 8983 and 8984 ports

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
As I said before: "For us to help you more, you will have to provide more details on how you have installed and started Solr, where your SOLR_HOME is located etc".

I am guessing that you start Solr with two different SOLR_HOMEs and thus will not see the existing cores. But then I don't even know if this is standalone Solr or SolrCloud.

Please give details on how solr is installed, what your solr.in.sh file looks like, how you start Solr (bin/solr or through service daemon) etc.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Muniraj M <mu...@ewallsolutions.com>.