Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Bariša <ba...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/24 23:25:43 UTC

Is it possible to specify max process memory in flink 1.8.2, similar to what is possible in flink 1.11

I'm running flink 1.8.2 in a container, and under heavy load, container
gets OOM from the kernel.
I'm guessing that that reason for the kernel OOM is large size of the
off-heap memory. Is there a way I can limit it in flink 1.8.2?

I can see that newer version of flink has a config param, checking here is
it possible to do something similar in flink 1.8.2, without a flink upgrade?

Cheers,
Barisa

Re: Is it possible to specify max process memory in flink 1.8.2, similar to what is possible in flink 1.11

Posted by Matthias Pohl <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi Bariša,
have you had the chance to analyze the memory usage in more detail? An
OutOfMemoryError might be an indication for some memory leak which should
be solved instead of lowering some memory configuration parameters. Or is
it that the off-heap memory is not actually used but blocks the JVM from
using the allocated memory for other things?

Best,
Matthias

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Barisa,