Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Conan Cook <co...@amee.com> on 2012/05/08 18:51:29 UTC

Keyspace lost after restart

Hi Cassandra Folk,

We've experienced a problem a couple of times where Cassandra nodes lose a
keyspace after a restart.  We've restarted 2 out of 3 nodes, and they have
both experienced this problem; clearly we're doing something wrong, but
don't know what.  The data files are all still there, as before, but the
node can't see the keyspace (we only have one).  Tthe nodetool still says
that each one is responsible for 33% of the keys, but the disk usage has
dropped to a tiny amount on the nodes that we've restarted.  I saw this:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-user/201202.mbox/%3C4F3582E7.20907@conga.com%3E

Seems to be exactly our problem, but we have not modified the
cassandra.yaml - we have overwritten it through an automated process, and
that happened just before restarting, but the contents did not change.

Any ideas as to what might cause this, or how the keyspace can be restored
(like I say, the data is all still in the data directory).

We're running in AWS.

Thanks,

Conan

Re: Keyspace lost after restart

Posted by Conan Cook <co...@amee.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Great!  We'll roll back for now, thanks for letting me know.

Conan

Posted by Jeff Williams <je...@wherethebitsroam.com>.
Conan,

Posted by Conan Cook <co...@amee.com>.