Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by kravovich <kr...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 10:20:42 UTC

BundleDbPersistenceManager pros and cons

Hello everybody,

We currently using JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager.

But after jackrabbit team implemented consistencyCheck and consistencyFix in
BundleDbPersistenceManager we started to think about moving to
BundleDbPersistenceManager.
Before that we didn't see any big advantage of BundleDbPersistenceManager
over JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager.

Could anyone provide pros and cons of BundleDbPersistenceManager please?

Thank you

Re: BundleDbPersistenceManager pros and cons

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM, kravovich<kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could anyone provide pros and cons of BundleDbPersistenceManager please?

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

Pro:
"The bundle persistence managers are usually the fastest. Bundle
persistence managers store each node together with all the properties
as one unit."

Con:
Not much, except that with the binary node bundles it is not possible
to browse and manually fix the involved DB tables with plain SQL
and/or DB management tools (that's what consistencyFix is there for).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

----------------------------< alexander.klimetschek@day.com >----------
Alexander Klimetschek, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6,
CH - 4001 Basel, T +41 61 226 55 31, M +49 151 15 77 20 56

Twitter: http://twitter.com/daysoftware

Xing: http://www.xing.com/go/invite/3268380.32d2d4
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/klimetschek
Blog: http://weblogs.goshaky.com/weblogs/alexkli/