Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kurt Kavanaugh <kk...@teletrol.com> on 2003/09/04 19:50:09 UTC

Moving from Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1

I am moving from 1.0 to 1.1. I am not concerned with backward compatibility.... that much. I am however concerned with getting up and running and understanding the new packaging and configuration elements.

I have the server up and running, in theory, by installing the war file...

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/xindice/b2/xindice-1.1b2.war

Under tomcat 4.1.27

My db is present and accounted for. I am using jdk 1.4.1.

My question is this... where has the bin gone? to administer and test from the command line. What are the other pieces?

Do I have to use cvs to access and build the bin dir and supporting characters?

Before the client needed the xindice.jar and xmldb.jar. I assume it is now the xindice-1.1b2.jar? Correct?

Port binding used to be 4080. Now it's the standard tomcat port?

Any help in understanding the packaging and configuration aspects of the 1.1 environment vs the 1.0 would be helpful.

Re: Moving from Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Kurt Kavanaugh wrote:

>I am moving from 1.0 to 1.1. I am not concerned with backward compatibility.... that much. I am however concerned with getting up and running and understanding the new packaging and configuration elements.
>
>I have the server up and running, in theory, by installing the war file...
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/dist/xindice/b2/xindice-1.1b2.war
>
>Under tomcat 4.1.27
>
>My db is present and accounted for. I am using jdk 1.4.1.
>
>My question is this... where has the bin gone? to administer and test from the command line. What are the other pieces?

war distribution does not has xindice command line tool. Currently, you
can download CVS and run xindice tools from there connecting to your
xindice instance runnign in tomcat.

>Do I have to use cvs to access and build the bin dir and supporting characters?

As of today - yes.

>Before the client needed the xindice.jar and xmldb.jar. I assume it is now the xindice-1.1b2.jar? Correct?

It might need jars from java/lib directory

>Port binding used to be 4080. Now it's the standard tomcat port?

Now it's tomcat port, whatever you configured. Default tomcat's port is 8080

>Any help in understanding the packaging and configuration aspects of the 1.1 environment vs the 1.0 would be helpful.

1.1 is beta, so packaging is not final, improvements still can be done.

Vadim