Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Claudio Devecchi <cd...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/29 23:53:04 UTC

Solr + Zookeeper Integration

Hi people,

I'm trying to configure a little solr cluster but I need to shard the
documents.

I configured my solr with core0 (/opt/solr/core0) and installer the
zookeeper (/opt/zookeeper).

1. On my solrconfig.xml I added the lines below:

<zookeeper>
    <str name="zkhostPorts">host1:2181</str>
    <str name="me">http://host1:8983/solr/core0</str>
    <str name="timeout">5000</str>
    <str name="nodesDir">/solr_domain/nodes</str>
 </zookeeper>

2. On my /opt/zookeeper/conf/zoo.cfg I configured this way:

tickTime=2000
dataDir=/var/zookeeper
clientPort=2181

And start it with zkServer.sh

After start the zookeeper my dir "/solr_domain/nodes" continues empty,
following the documentations I didn't find some extra thing to do, but
nothing is working.

SOmebody could tell me what is missing or wrong please?

Thanks