Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Sanjiv Kumar <kt...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/18 05:57:32 UTC

Re: Regarding Excel Files and Ms Access File.

This is my second mail regarding  excel file (.xsl file) and Ms Access Files.

When  Drill provide Storage Plugin for Excel File And Ms Access File?

And When Drill latest version 1.7 is going to be release.? Can i
aspect that Storage Plugin for excel file will be there in Latest
Version (i.e 1.7)??

  Thanks & Regards
  *Sanjiv Kumar*

Re: Regarding Excel Files and Ms Access File.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@maprtech.com>.
Sanjiv you can try to export your data from MS Excel file to a text/CSV
file, using the Save As option. and then query that CSV/text file from
Drill.

Posted by "Antonio Romero (carnorom)" <ca...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sanjiv,

Would you like to help build such a plugin?

One place to start would be the Apache POI project which would help you
read Microsoft documents.

From there, you need to decide how you want to handle issues like multiple
sheets, non-uniformly gridded data and such.

At that point, it wouldn't be too hard to copy one of the existing plugins
to get what you want.

Posted by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com>.
Sanjiv,