Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Burak Emre <em...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 22:36:32 UTC

Fwd: Cassandra Async Triggers as an alternative to Storm?

Hello,

I’m working on an distributed analytics service that originally uses Storm
as an RPC. I thought since Cassandra is already distributed, I may not have
to use another RPC system to write data to Cassandra.
There are plenty of great ideas in Triggers issue page (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1311) but I don’t know the
current status of implementation.

What I need is a async post-hook trigger attached to the main Keyspace that
holds the raw data. The trigger will read the data and it will update the
appropriate counters on another Keyspace. The important thing is that
Cassandra must assure that it runs the Trigger exactly one time per row.

I couldn’t find any benchmark or use cases of Cassandra Triggers, do you
think that it’s a good idea to use Cassandra Triggers instead of Storm to
keep the project simple?