Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mike Adamson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/16 12:36:04 UTC

MemoryChangeLogStore throws NullPointerException at startup

Hi,

I have just enabled the default changelog in my directory service (2.0.0-M1)
and get a npe from the MemoryChangeLogStore.loadChangeLog method when the
directory service is restarted. This is happening because the method is
called in init before the directoryService field is set.

I have raised the following issue for this:

There is a fairly simple workaround, e.g. delete the changelog.dat file
prior to restarting the service.

I realise that this part of the service is still work in progress but I
thought I'd raise it to keep visibility.

Cheers,

MikeA

Re: MemoryChangeLogStore throws NullPointerException at startup

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for reporting this.

Fortunately, Emmanuel took care of this three days ago and it's already fixed. :)

The fix is already included in the ongoing vote for the release of ApacheDS 2.0.0-M2.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud