Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andre Charbonneau <an...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2006/11/30 22:23:43 UTC

Cannot get more than one servlet loaded in my webapp

Hi,
I'm currently working on a small webapp which initially contained 1
single servlet.  Everything was working fine until I tried to add a
second servlet.  For some reason, I can't get that second servlet to
load on startup.

I added the entry in the web.xml file of my web application as follows:

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>IMSWebServlet</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>ca.nrc.imsweb.IMSWebServlet</servlet-class>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>LocalJobCleanerServlet</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>ca.nrc.imsweb.LocalJobCleanerServlet</servlet-class>
     <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

Then I re-build and re-deploy my web application using the ant tools, as
shown below:

ant all remove install
(no errors or warning in the output of the above command)

And I also double-checked in my Tomcat container to make sure the java
class file was there and that the web.xml file was successfully updated.

When I restart my Tomcat container (version 5.5.17), I only see that the
IMSWebServlet gets initialized; the other servlet doesn't seem to start
at all.  I also interchanged the order in the web.xml file to see if it
had any effect and still its only the IMSWebServlet that starts.  Also,
my catalina.out file does not contain any errors or warning about the
second servlet entry.

So I'm confused why this is not working.
Its probably right under my nose and I can't see it... :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Andre

Re: Cannot get more than one servlet loaded in my webapp

Posted by Andre Charbonneau <an...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>.
Greetings,
It turns out this this was a false alarm.  I found that there was an
error message in another log file under $CATALINA_HOME which indicated
that the error was because my other servlet could not load a java class.
    This probably explains why it wasn't loading.

Cheers,
	Andre