Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fred T <sp...@freddyt.com> on 2006/11/18 19:41:22 UTC

Issue with 3.1.7 and rawbody rule types

Hello SA-Users,
I'm trying to create a rawbody rule to catch the attached message.

It's full of characters like =E4=FC=B3 etc.

I went crazy trying to figure out why it won't match the patterns in
the attached message.

I created a test rule,
rawbody TEST_CATCH_CHRS  /.{80}/

It returns what looks like gibberish, (high-ascii) characters.

With full rules being replaced with rawbody in 3.2, what would be the
best way to write a rule to catch the attached message.

--
Best regards,
 Fred                          mailto:tech2@i-is.com

Re: Issue with 3.1.7 and rawbody rule types

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 01:41:22PM -0500, Fred T wrote:
> I'm trying to create a rawbody rule to catch the attached message.
> It's full of characters like =E4=FC=B3 etc.

Those are quoted-printable encoded chars, btw.

> It returns what looks like gibberish, (high-ascii) characters.

Yep.  That's what the characters are decoded.

> With full rules being replaced with rawbody in 3.2, what would be the
> best way to write a rule to catch the attached message.

They are?  That'd be great.  I wouldn't still be annoyed that I seem to be the
only one who wants to kill off full rules. :(

Your problem is that you're using rawbody, which is decoded but not rendered,
trying to look at the encoding.  You would either need a full or eval rule to
do that.

Are you just looking for high-bit chars in the body of a message (encoded or
not)?

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I thought I had mono for a year, but I was just bored."