Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Zupan <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/25 22:50:37 UTC

replication with multicores

On my master for the forum core I have the following in
forum/conf/solrconfig.xml

    <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
      <lst name="master">
        <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
      </lst>
    </requestHandler>

Then on the slave for the forum core I have the following in
forum/conf/solrconfig.xml

    <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
      <lst name="slave">
        <str name="masterUrl">http://host.domain.com:8983/solr/forum/replication</str>
        <str name="pollInterval">00:00:20</str>
        <str name="compression">internal</str>
       </lst>
    </requestHandler>

Then if I hit the following url for my master I see

http://host.domain.com:8983/solr/forum/admin/replication/index.jsp

Local Index	 Index Version: 1278007696445, Generation: 38534
Location: /data/solr/product/index

It is replicating another core's data.. not sure how or why.. any
pointers to what I might be doing wrong? And replication is working
for the product core but i don't have anything setup in that core

Mike