Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/07 21:09:35 UTC

[FalconJX] Compiler bugs (was

On 8/7/15, 8:55 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <we...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Another thing I would have liked to do before the release is to modify
>the front compiler to avoid to have 2 build configurations in IJ when
>working with externs but not sure I will have the time, I'm quite busy at
>the moment and I've seen a last call already.

Alex;
Not sure what that means, but I’d guess we are two weeks away from any
votes on a release.

I’m almost done with the AS side of FlexJSStore, then have to finish the
JS side and I want to see the following compiler issues fixed:
  - Functions and goog.bind
  - non-scalar initializers in the constructor
  - generate missing getters and setters

Volunteers always welcome!

I swear my wife has it out for me, I spent the last month doing
renovations, I wanted to get to these but I have been trying to balance
manual labor and my caustic/feathers projects.

It seems like these issues Alex or I am about the only people qualified to
fix them?

Alex how much time do you have to do this stuff? From these 3 issues there
is some time because these changes need to be fully tested and I am betting
they are going to break some existing tests.

I can't commit on when I can get to them, my mom and sister are coming out
from Seattle for a week next week so I can't say I can get to these in the
next two weeks. If you want to hold off or do it yourself before 2 weeks
let me know here so I don't duplicate work.

Mike

Re: [FalconJX] Compiler bugs (was

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 8/7/15, 12:09 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >It seems like these issues Alex or I am about the only people qualified to
> >fix them?
>
> Well, others can certainly learn, and Darrell and/or Gordon could show up
> again.
>

> >Alex how much time do you have to do this stuff? From these 3 issues there
> >is some time because these changes need to be fully tested and I am
> >betting
> >they are going to break some existing tests.
> >
> >I can't commit on when I can get to them, my mom and sister are coming out
> >from Seattle for a week next week so I can't say I can get to these in the
> >next two weeks. If you want to hold off or do it yourself before 2 weeks
> >let me know here so I don't duplicate work.
>

> I’ll let you know when I start on these.  I can’t promise I’ll write more
> tests, but I’ll make sure current tests pass or are adjusted so they pass.
>
> You should have opted to come visit your mom in Seattle, then you could
> have snuck out and hacked code with me in person ;-)

Well I was born and raised in Seattle (around May Valley) and still a "west
coast" guy but... birds, dogs and cats dictate they come to New Hampshire.
:)

I was only speaking about people that have worked on it in the last 3-4
months, that could get stuff done.

As far as writing tests, heh I know you are busy but they act as mile posts
for that compiler in my eyes.

Oh well, if I can't et to it, I guess I will write tests based on what you
changed when I have time again! :)

Mike

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And I just moved to Seattle a few months ago! If you ever get a chance to
> visit, Mike, you have two folks to hack on Flex with. :)

Well my kids are 15 & 16. In about 2 years I will be traveling a lot more,
if the project is still going I would love to. We have known of each other
for more than a decade now!(Alex included) :)

Mike

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Seems like my event listeners are keeping their scope properly now without
the bind() workaround that I was using. Thanks, Alex!

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/21/15, 7:37 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> recruit some students
>
>From where?

From various places on the west coast, so far.

-Alex

Re: [FalconJX] Compiler bugs (was

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
> recruit some students

>From where?

Mike

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/21/15, 9:27 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>I got distracted by some skinning work i have been doing.  Please feel
>free
>to work on the ant scripts.

OK.  Will do.  Can you commit your jquery map example into
flex-asjs/examples and add a header?  Make a new folder tree like
flex-asjs/examples/native/JqueryMapExample or something like that.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FalconJX] Compiler bugs (was

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 21, 2015 7:25 AM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> OK, I think I got most or all of the cases where function references need
> to be wrapped.
>
> I’m going to try to add a few native js examples then cut another build.
> Peter is still trying to get the last few kinks out of FlexJSStore then
> we’ll try to get a release out.
>
> Om, have you made any progress on the ant script that downloads all the
> repos and builds them?  I can try to work on that if you don’t have time.

I got distracted by some skinning work i have been doing.  Please feel free
to work on the ant scripts.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
The initializers fix is looking good too!

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.