Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 05:09:50 UTC

Re: [pool] BaseObjectPool.isClosed() visibility [was: Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3]

On 3/23/06, Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> This build works fine with our application.
>
> My only wish would be to make BaseObjectPool.isClosed() public.

Gary, are you really wanting a way to test if the pool is closed or do
you want the returnObject and invalidateObject methods to be more
graceful and accept objects borrowed from before the pool was closed?

The code in the trunk for pool 2 only throws IllegalStateExceptions
for the addObject and the borrowObject methods after close has been
called. The other methods will still seem to function normally but
really they are in a shutdown mode and just dispose of returned
objects.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine