Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2005/07/25 20:16:40 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> So please vote on graduating Derby to a sub-project of Apache DB.

Passed with eleven (11) +1 votes (including one ++1 vote :-)

Three (3) members of the Incubator PMC voted +1 (Noel, Geir, Roy)

Three (3) members of the DB-PMC voted +1 (Brian, Geir, Henning).

Thanks,
Dan.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/25/05, Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
> > So please vote on graduating Derby to a sub-project of Apache DB.
>
> Passed with eleven (11) +1 votes (including one ++1 vote :-)
>
> Three (3) members of the Incubator PMC voted +1 (Noel, Geir, Roy)

I realize I missed the voting period (sorry!), but I just wanted to
offer a post-vote +1 from another Incubator PMC member.  I've always
been impressed with the way the project has been run, and I'm now also
impressed with how the initial committers have managed to bring on a
few more on such a significant existing code base.

Cliff

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
does derby first need to be formally acknowleged as graduated from the
incubator and entered into the DB project?  :-)

not sure how these formalities work ...

  -jean

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:
> I created jira issues for the infra folks to please move the repo and
> add the Derby committers to the DB group.
>
> Once that goes through someone (from Derby =) can set up the site  under
> /www/db.apache.org/derby/ and we can fight with maven until it  links
> the Derby stuff from the top level (is a reactor build deeper  than my
> understanding of maven).

thanks, Brian!

I'll set up the site under /www/db.apache.org/derby/.

  -jean

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
All done. It was actually pretty easy but messy. In the process I did
clean up the sorting of the projects (they are sorted now) and the
duplications of the committers on the "whoweare.xml" page. Jelly is
weird stuff... :-)

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> I created jira issues for the infra folks to please move the repo and
> add the Derby committers to the DB group.

> Once that goes through [...]

All done.

	--- Noel

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> So what happens now? :-)
>>
>> Logistical details that come to mind are:
>> * adding Derby committers to the DB PMC - I assume a vote on who to  add
>>   takes place on the DB PMC list, is this in progess?
>

> yes.
>
> Cannot comment on the rest =)

I'm happy to take care of web site updates on Jeremy's list below.

Brian, can we move forward with graduation-related work, such as
requesting that infrastructure move derby's svn repo and committer
karmas from infrastructure to db? Or are we waiting for some other loop
to close first?

thanks,

  -jean

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
So what happens now? :-)

UPDATED [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>

>>So please vote on graduating Derby to a sub-project of Apache DB.
>

> Passed with eleven (11) +1 votes (including one ++1 vote :-)
>
> Three (3) members of the Incubator PMC voted +1 (Noel, Geir, Roy)
>
> Three (3) members of the DB-PMC voted +1 (Brian, Geir, Henning).

Ken Coar pointed me to the official list of PMC members which is up to
date compared to the Incubator PMC web-site, so I apologise for missing
some folks, the correct summary would be (including Cliff's late vote).

Passed with twelve (12) +1 votes (including one ++1 vote)

Seven (7) members of the Incubator PMC voted +1 (Craig, Noel, Geir, Roy,
Alex, William, Cliff)

Three (3) members of the DB-PMC voted +1 (Brian, Geir, Henning)

Dan.
Ref -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/committee-info.txt