Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by nd...@nse.co.in on 2006/01/10 11:29:26 UTC

changing default port

Hello can anyone tell me steps to change default port of http servers after
installation is over. like changing port 8080 to something else. I don't
want listener ports, I need default ports.

regards
nishikant

Re: changing default port

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi,

You can change the default port configurations by editing the file
var/config/config.xml in your Geronimo installation directory. There is
also a nice README in this folder describing how is file is being used
by Geronimo.

Thanks,
Gianny

Re: changing default port

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
The file you mentioned (httpd.conf) is typically used to configure Apache
HTTP Server, not Apache Geronimo.  Are you trying to set up Apache HTTP
Server to work with an Apache Geronimo server?  If so then here is some
useful documentation:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=541&message=13766589&thread=98829&cat=51

This documentation is actually for the M5 build but should still be
applicable to 1.0.

Otherwise if you are trying to set up a stand alone Apache HTTP Server then
you can find some useful info here:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Best wishes,
Paul

On 1/10/06, ndeshmukh@nse.co.in <nd...@nse.co.in> wrote:

> actually I am also using different version of apache and what I could see
> only httpd.conf... . I tried to do everything but couldn't do it...

Re: changing default port

Posted by nd...@nse.co.in.
actually I am also using different version of apache and what I could see
only httpd.conf.... I tried to do everything but couldn't do it...

             Matt Hogstrom
             <matt@hogstrom.or
             g>                                                         To
                                       user@geronimo.apache.org
             01/10/2006 06:59                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: changing default port
             Please respond to
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

You can also change them in the Console which might be simpler depending
your
desire to edit XML files :)

Re: changing default port

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.