Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr> on 2004/10/04 10:20:32 UTC

[portal] How to change AspectDatas/tab by named-item?

Hi
When I want to change a portal page, I use the aspectsDatas/tab with the
index number of page I want to see.
It works fine, but difficult to maintain. I can't insert a new page without
broke the numerotation.
Is-it possible to switch the page of a composite-layout by his named-item
attribute, instead of the page number?
Laurent Trillaud

RE: [portal] How to change AspectDatas/tab by named-item?

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Well, I haven't coded it yet.  I envision that I will not use the name of
the named item, but add a new attribute so that backward compatibility can
be maintained.  So instead of urls containing the eventid they will use an
event name if it was defined for the named item. If not then the event id
will still be used.

Secondly, I want to integrate bookmarks into the portal better than they
currently are.  So if you want to go to a sub-navigation item on a page
the url can just reference the bookmark (just like the bookmark action
currently supports).  I just want the bookmarks defined in the layout
instead of a separate xml file and I don't want to have to use the
bookmark action to convert it to the corresponding events.

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
Hi Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
FYI - I have it on my task list to enhance the way the portal does links.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Laurent Trillaud wrote:

> Hi
> When I want to change a portal page, I use the
> aspectsDatas/tab with the index number of page I want to see.
> It works fine, but difficult to maintain. I can't insert a
> new page without broke the numerotation.
> Is-it possible to switch the page of a composite-layout by
> his named-item attribute, instead of the page number?

Hmm, the solution which could work requires a little bit java
coding. Now, there is a special renderer for the tab which
is currently based on the index of the selected id. You
could change this into a renderer that uses the name.

HTH
Carsten