Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 16:42:40 UTC

Way to compute number of threads per Thread Group during a load Test

Hello,
1/ I am trying to add to GraphiteBackenListenerClient the number of threads
per thread group but I am not sure what's the best way to compute it so
that it also works for distributed testing:
- Does this method look good to you : comulate
sampleResult.getGroupThreads() and every second return this number divided
by number of sampleResults used to compute it and as a consequence reset
number to 0 at every second ?

2/ I am also not satisfied with the way we compute All threads, as
currently UserMetric uses a DescriptiveStatistics but in fact nearly has
always the same value, so it's a bit useless.

3/ By the way in distributed mode, to work properly I think time_threshold
should be set to 1000.

Your help and thoughts is welcome on this .
Thanks

Regards
Philippe

Re: Way to compute number of threads per Thread Group during a load Test

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Monday, March 2, 2015, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 March 2015 at 15:42, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 1/ I am trying to add to GraphiteBackenListenerClient the number of
> threads
> > per thread group but I am not sure what's the best way to compute it so
> > that it also works for distributed testing:
> > - Does this method look good to you : comulate
>
> What does comulate mean?
> compute?
>
>  Yes compute

> > sampleResult.getGroupThreads() and every second return this number
> divided
> > by number of sampleResults used to compute it and as a consequence reset
> > number to 0 at every second ?
>
> This does not sound like it would return the number of threads per thread
> group.
>
> But perhaps you meant to average the number across several samples.
>
> yes

> Why does the number have to be calculated every second?

because that's the frequence at which backend listener sends metrics to
backend

Are other statistics done the same way?

no

> > 2/ I am also not satisfied with the way we compute All threads, as
> > currently UserMetric uses a DescriptiveStatistics but in fact nearly has
> > always the same value, so it's a bit useless.
>
> Please use separate threads for separate issues

why? this thread is related to backend computation

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Way to compute number of threads per Thread Group during a load Test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.