Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by "Nagalkar, Sanjay Contractor" <Sa...@ssa.gov> on 2016/02/10 21:55:17 UTC

Policy Alerts are not generated in Eagle

Hello

I am having issues generating policy alerts for Apache Eagle.

I have configured Hive and HDFS  policies as per the instructions in the Eagle DOCS but I am not seeing any alerts for my Hive and HDFS policy.

I am executing HIVE queries against XADEMO schema to pull PHONE_NUMBER field via HDP sandbox and I was expecting to see some alerts for  this data access in eagle. However,  I have no policy alerts .

Similar situation with HDFS file access. No alerts for /tmp/private file access.

Please let me know if there is  something that I am missing.

Thanks

Sanjay Nagalkar

Re: Policy Alerts are not generated in Eagle

Posted by "Zhang, Edward (GDI Hadoop)" <yo...@ebay.com>.
For HDFS audit log, by default Eagle uses Kafka log4j appender to send
namenode audit log into Kafka.
Could you please try
"/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/kafka/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --topic
sandbox_hdfs_audit_log --zookeeper localhost:2181² to see if message is
sent out.

For Hive query log, by default Eagle uses Yarn API to get Hive job and
parse query.
Could you please make sure Hive is using MAP/REDUCE instead of TEZ
scheduler?

In overall, you can double check http://localhost:8744/index.html, and
check if 2 topologies are launched and drill down to each topology to see
if there is any error message or message emitted.

Thanks
Edward

Posted by Daniel Zhou <Da...@dataguise.com>.
Hi, Sanjay,

First you can check if hdfs log data are streamed into Kafka by using command like this:
$ /usr/hdp/current/kafka-broker/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic sandbox_hdfs_audit_log

If there were error messages and you believe  you have the right configuration for kafka, then you can try this:
Stop kafka service and Zookeeper service, after that,  first restart zookeeper and then restart Kafka service.

If Kafka works, then you can check log files of Eagle service and Storm service to see more details.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Daniel Zhou <Da...@dataguise.com>.
Hi, Nagalkar,

To kill a topology you can log in to Strom UI:
localhost:8744
and click the button ”kill” for that topology, then rerun  Eagle’s service.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by "Nagalkar, Sanjay Contractor" <Sa...@ssa.gov>.
Hi Daniel,

Re: FW: Policy Alerts are not generated in Eagle

Posted by Edward Zhang <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjay,

I think we did respond your question from 2 developers immediately after
you raised question last time. Did you receive that?

Looks when we reply, your email is not in the TO list by default :-) let me
forward that to you again.

By the way, did you subscribe to Eagle dev mail list? You can follow this
link to subscribe http://eagle.incubator.apache.org/docs/community.html

(send email to dev-subscribe@eagle.incubabator.apache.org, and following
the steps from the response)

Thanks