Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/19 20:48:50 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index F ieldsReader.java

To make this type of stuff clear in the future I think we should put a
note about it on the site somewhere (some "developers's corner" area).
In it we can say: follow Sun's Java style standards, except for blah,
blah blah.
Other Jakarta projects have the same thing.

Otis

http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc6.html#15395

Posted by Clemens Marschner <cm...@lanlab.de>.
I would favor again a configuration file for the JRefactory pretty printer
that contains those standards. That pp is available as a cmd line tool and
as an integration with a variety of IDEs, and it guarantees standard
conformance.

Clemens

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index F ieldsReader.java

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Heh.  I know, I have (not for Lucene).  However, you still need
something firmer in order to be able to point people to, and say "see,
it's defined here, you read it, agred with it, so please follow it".

Anyhow, back to work.
Otis

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.