Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/28 13:31:41 UTC

Site migration : status

Hi guys,

Ashish is doing an excellent work, migrating pages one after the other !
Hopefully, we should be able to get the sites moved in the next two weeks.

We will keep the wiki available, but it won't be the base for the sites.

There are many pages that we may want to remove, or refactor. Let's see
what has to be done project by project.

MINA
----

1.x will be decommisionned, so we just need to have a page for the
archive downloads, and probably a link to the wiki.

Navigation :
o We will keep a link on the latest versions (MINA 2.0.5, FtpServer
1.0.6, Sshd 0.7.0 and Vysper 0.7).
o Not sure we need to keep a 'projects' item, as we already have them on
the header
o The documentation list is messy. We should probably link to each
project documentation, and get rid of Features, Road Map, and FAQ.
o The Resources list is way too long. We should probably split it into
two sub-items : resources and Support.
- Resources would contain Testimonials, Arcticle, Conférences,
Performances and related projects
- Support would contain Downloads, Mailing list, Issue Tracking, Sources
and Developpers guide
o Community is ok
o We should hide the 'Upcomming' item, if we have nothing to announce.

Documentation :
We should keep what Ashish has worked on last year, ie the user guide.
We could also add some MINA in 5 minutes and MINA IN 10 minutes, but I'd
rather have some decent tutorials in the User Guide.
We also need a decent FAQ.

Everything else, like MINA 3.0 design, class diagrams, etc belongs to
the wiki.

FtpServer
---------

The site is totally different, and we may design a new layout, which
looks like the one we have for MINA, Vysper and Sshd. It would be best
if the header were to use a specific lok-go instead of the MINA logo,
with another color (see what we have done on directory.apache.org and
the subprojects, like http://directory.apache.org/studio/ and
http://directory.apache.org/api/)

The navigation page could also mimic the MINA's one

Sshd
----

It would be cool to have a specific image for the project. When we are
on the web site, nothing obvious tells that it's teh SSHD site :/

Same comment for the navigation than for FtpServer

Vysper
------

The Vysper logo would be better on top, replacing the MINA logo. The
navigation could also mimic the MINA's one

AsyncWeb
--------

As the project is really in its infAncy, and not very active, we could
just design a limited version of the site, with a banner indicating that
it's still a on going work.

Please feel free to comment !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Site migration : status

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
IMHO, let all MINA projects follow same website pattern, like we have
for mina.apache.org.

The new FtpServer and SSHD sites mimic this already. To get a new
color and logo would be fairly easy.

Following migration is completed
SSH
AsyncWeb

Plan to migrate FtpServer and Vysper this week and then focus on
moving MINA pages

Right now the focus is to migrate the pages, and on second iteration
would chase the links on the pages.

For Ftp Sever, can someone check the following page
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/downloads.html

I think the latest release is 1.0.6, the page lists as 1.0.5. Also do
we need individual release pages?

More inline

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Ashish is doing an excellent work, migrating pages one after the other !
> Hopefully, we should be able to get the sites moved in the next two weeks.
>
> We will keep the wiki available, but it won't be the base for the sites.
>
> There are many pages that we may want to remove, or refactor. Let's see what
> has to be done project by project.
>
> MINA
> ----
>
> 1.x will be decommisionned, so we just need to have a page for the archive
> downloads, and probably a link to the wiki.

+1

> Navigation :
> o We will keep a link on the latest versions (MINA 2.0.5, FtpServer 1.0.6,
> Sshd 0.7.0 and Vysper 0.7).

+1

> o Not sure we need to keep a 'projects' item, as we already have them on the
> header

> o The documentation list is messy. We should probably link to each project
> documentation, and get rid of Features, Road Map, and FAQ.

+1

> o The Resources list is way too long. We should probably split it into two
> sub-items : resources and Support.
> - Resources would contain Testimonials, Arcticle, Conférences, Performances
> and related projects
> - Support would contain Downloads, Mailing list, Issue Tracking, Sources and
> Developpers guide
> o Community is ok
> o We should hide the 'Upcomming' item, if we have nothing to announce.

+1 for all the above :)

--
thanks
ashish