Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/11 20:44:54 UTC

GSoC project ideas wanted

Google Summer of Code is about to start soon!
Google sponsors every student with 4500USD. Plus 500 for the Apache
Foundation.

We are searching for ideas what porential students can do.
Ideas from Non-Developers are welcome too!

We will add the ideas to JIRA then with a special label so students can
find it.

Sebastian

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
my list:

1) HTML5 whiteboard
2) faster screen sharing
3) wicketstuff-poi for HTML5 document sharing (otherwise we should use
images somehow)
4) Apache compatible wysiwyg editor Wicket component (to be used in
chat/invitations/messages)

TBD

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by Irina Arkhipets <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
I've started to create the issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OPENMEETINGS%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20gsoc2013
Please fill free to add your own issues or add your comments to mine.
I am also going to add the following in the nearest future (just want to
discuss some details with Maxim first):
- faster screen sharing;

- wicketstuff-poi for HTML5 document sharing (otherwise we should use
images somehow)

- Apache compatible wysiwyg editor Wicket component (to be used in
chat/invitations/messages)
- Full screen mode for screen sharing (we already done some work in this
direction, so probably we'll just check our sources in and don't need any
additional work)

Best regards,
Irina.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
yes,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Sure, no question about usefullness of good instructions.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
No,

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Irina Arkhipets <ia...@unipro.ru>.
Hi Sebastian,

--
Sebastian Wagner
 <https://twitter.com/#%21/dead_lock> https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

--
Sebastian Wagner
 <https://twitter.com/#%21/dead_lock> https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock
 <http://www.webbase-design.de> http://www.webbase-design.de
 <http://www.wagner-sebastian.com> http://www.wagner-sebastian.com
 <ma...@gmail.com> seba.wagner@gmail.com

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President
A+ Test Prep and Tutoring
"Creating Bright Futures"

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com <http://www.aplustutoring.com/>

Image removed by sender.

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
   - My proposal for the screenshot tool is that it be part of the standard
   room layout.
   - Also, current screen-sharing tool cannot be viewed as full screen (as
   far as I know). Is there a way to make it viewable in full screen and/or
   zoom-in?

Thanks.

Dan

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Regarding point No2:

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
I really like Ed's suggestions regarding bandwidth and especially the
screen-sharing upgrades. One additional useful function would be a
screenshot tool so that users can take a screenshot at any time and have
the file automatically saved in the room files.

Thanks.

Dan

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted

Posted by BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de>.
Hi all,

Re: GSoC project ideas wanted: Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
We will try to implement it for 2.1

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: GSoC project ideas wanted: Acoustic Echo Cancellation