Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/08 14:57:00 UTC

[report][draft] Board report draft

This is my draft report for the board. All feedback is welcome:

 - The Apache Xalan Project develops and maintains libraries and programs
that transform XML documents using XSLT standard stylesheets. Our
subprojects use the Java and C++ programing languages to implement the XSLT
libraries.

## Issues:
 - The project does not need board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - The project has rebooted its PMC. We are in the process of moving from
Subversion to GitBox.
 - The rebooted PMC is:
   * Bill Blough (billblough)
   * Roger Leigh (rleigh)
   * Mukul Gandhi (mukulg)
   * Gary D. Gregory (ggregory), Chair.
   * Michael Glavassevich (mrglavas)

## Health report:
 - The project has rebooted its PMC. Gary Gregory has taken over from
Steven Hathaway as PMC Chair.
   Thank you Steven for your service these past few years!
 - We are looking forward to releasing 2.7.2 as a 'warm-up' to moving the
project along again.
 - Discussions have started on what it would take to support XSLT 2 and 3.
 - There are a moderate amount of JIRA tickets that need attention since
they include candidate patches.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 5 PMC members.
 - New PMC members:
    - Bill Blough was added to the PMC on Tue Feb 19 2019
    - Gary D. Gregory was added to the PMC on Tue Feb 19 2019
    - Michael Glavassevich was added to the PMC on Tue Feb 19 2019
    - Mukul Gandhi was added to the PMC on Tue Feb 19 2019
    - Roger Leigh was added to the PMC on Tue Feb 19 2019

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 57 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Bill Blough was added as a committer on Wed Mar 20 2019
    - Mukul Gandhi was added as a committer on Wed Mar 20 2019
    - Roger Leigh was added as a committer on Wed Mar 20 2019

## Releases:

 - No release data could be found [FIX!]

## JIRA activity:

Gary Gregory,
Apache Xalan PMC Chair.

Re: [report][draft] Board report draft

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:33 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  - We are looking forward to releasing 2.7.2 as a 'warm-up' to moving the
> project along again.

I seem to find a little typo. Within the above line, I think it should be
2.7.3.

Mukul Gandhi