Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by TwistedYosh <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/15 19:57:16 UTC

Network of Broker - NetworkConnector & Active Durable Topic Subscribers

I am currently using ActiveMQ 5.5 with network of brokers enabled

After a Subscriber goes offline and is cleaned up the NetworkConnector
subscriber stays in the Active Durable Topic Subscribers and is unable to be
deleted or removed.

Occasionally/almost never.  One of the NetworkConnector subscribers goes
offline and is able to be cleaned up or removed.

Is there a configuration to make NetworkConnector's go offline?

What holds them as active and prevents them from being removed?

Thank you,

TwistedYosh

Re: Network of Broker - NetworkConnector & Active Durable Topic Subscribers

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
A network connector subscriber is treated the same as a local
subscriber from this perspective.
There is a broker attribute that determines whether a durable sub
remains active when offline, see keepDurableSubsActive
The idea is to ensure there pending messages are cached in memory so
that dispatch can occur the moment the subscriber comes online again.

Some history: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-669

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com