Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Matthew Chapman <mc...@franchise.com> on 2002/07/09 20:01:38 UTC

Issue with anchor links

When I attempt to set an anchor link, it is converted from a # to a %23

for example:

produces the result:
http:/domain.name/path%20to%20file.vm%23a

This just kills the link and page. How can I get around this (without
hard-coding the URL) ?

regards
Matthew

eMail: mchapman@franchise.com
Phone: 760-943-0080 x 1159
ICQ #: 5428662

Re: Issue with anchor links

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Matthew,

You certainly don't have to hard-code anything - I use href's extensively.
What does the 'link' class do?  Can you provide the code?

Regards,

Terry

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Issue with anchor links

Posted by Matthew Chapman <mc...@franchise.com>.
Bill, Terry, Kevin, et al.

Thanks, the recommendation(s) worked just fine -

regards
Matthew

Re: Issue with anchor links

Posted by Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>.

RE: Issue with anchor links

Posted by Kevin Baynes <kb...@seagullsw.com>.
Mathew-

It appears that you are passing in "pathToFile" as a parameter to an object
in the context called "link".

The return value of the "link.setpage(pathToFile)" method, would depend on
the inner workings of the "link" class, wouldn't it? That would be a Java
programming issue, not a Velocity issue, correct?

The "link" class is performing the URL encoding, isn't it?

~Kevin