Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> on 2020/06/19 17:15:10 UTC

[Weekly Report] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-06-12~2020-06-19)

Dear community,

I'd like to share the weekly report for you this week.

[Big Event]
* We plan to hold online-discussion every 2-3 weeks to let contributors communicate more deeply.
* Maturity Evaluation draft of IoTDB is published, please have a review [1]
* We are voting the 0.10.0-RC4 now, please check and vote!
* A new feature: "show latest timeseries", for showing the latest active timeseries, i.e., ordering all timeseries according to how long the series has not written new data.
* The MTree is optimized
* Memory cost experiment, 20M time series metadata in MTree takes about 7G memory.

   [1]  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=148645763

[in-progress]
* Check point of MTree to accelerate the restart process when there are many timeseries. It takes about 2 minutes for 20M timeseries.
* Memory control of storage engine, query engine, flushing memtable, index of each tsfile
* Support time range Deletion

[bug fix]
[IOTDB-765] Fix failed to get upgrade.txt file when using HDFS storage
[IOTDB-769] [To rel/0.10] fix precision lost when using PLAIN for FLOAT/DOUBLE
[IOTDB-762] Fix set version IndexOutofBound
[IOTDB-772] The start-server.sh uses tool long java command in WinOS
Fix Restart deadlock bug
[IOTDB-761]cherry-picked from v0.10: flink-tsfile-connecto and flink-example dependency conflict: "Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages explaining why the rule failed"
Fix spark tsfile bug in 0.9.4/0.10.1 and 0.11.0

Have a great weekend.

Thanks
——

Dawei Liu

Re: Re:[Weekly Report] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-06-12~2020-06-19)

Posted by Yuyuan KANG <ky...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Thanks for your sharing.

Best,

Yuyuan Kang