Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Selvi. rceg" <po...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 09:53:38 UTC

Issues in finding the location of hive tables - reg

I had installed *HADOOP 1.2.1* and *HIVE - 0.11.0* in *UBUNTU 11.10* . I
have created tables in hive and structured the contents in the table using
hive. Now I need to retrieve the structured data. I tried the command
DESCRIBE FORMATTED TABLE_NAME and found out the location as
*hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hive/warehouse/table_name. *But I am unable to
find out this location in my system. Can you please help me? Hereby I also
specify the locations of HADOOP and HIVE.

HADOOP- /usr/local/hadoop
HIVE - /usr/local/hadoop/hive 0.11.0