Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by QP Hou <ho...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/11 06:03:09 UTC

[VOTE][RUST][Datafusion] Release Apache Arrow Datafusion 5.0.0 RC3

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow Datafusion Implementation,
version 5.0.0.

RC3 fixed a cargo publish issue discovered in RC1.

This release candidate is based on commit:
deb929369c9aaba728ae0c2c49dcd05bfecc8bf8 [1]
The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].
The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests, and vote
on the release. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow Datafusion 5.0.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow Datafusion 5.0.0 because...

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/deb929369c9aaba728ae0c2c49dcd05bfecc8bf8
[2]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-datafusion-5.0.0-rc3
[3]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/deb929369c9aaba728ae0c2c49dcd05bfecc8bf8/CHANGELOG.md

Thanks,
QP

Re: RESULT Re: [VOTE][RUST][Datafusion] Release Apache Arrow Datafusion 5.0.0 RC3

Posted by QP Hou <ho...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Wes, I will keep that in mind for the next release. I also
noticed I was adding the result prefix incorrectly while I was going
through older results threads yesterday. I have since added a calling
votes section in our release procedure documentation to reflect this.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by QP Hou <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neville Dipale <ne...@gmail.com>.
+1 (bniding)

Posted by Jorge Cardoso Leitão <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Daniël Heres <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding). Looking good.

Posted by QP Hou <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Xia <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi QP,

Posted by QP Hou <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruihang,

Posted by Wayne Xia <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, QP!

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verification process:

- Checked shasum
- Ran cargo test --all
- Ran Ballista integration tests
- Manually verified Cargo.toml dependencies for Ballista

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
+1 (binding)